What does AWANA stand for?
“Approved Workmen who Are Not Ashamed” (2 Timothy 2:15)
Awana’s 5 Principles
1. Centered on the gospel
2. Scripture memory is a key element.
3. Exciting & Fun
4. Children & youth are trained to serve.
5. Awana is built on volunteer leadership.
“Our prayer is that all children and youth throughout the world
will come to know, love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
To be a strategic partner with churches and ministries in a global effort to ensure the opportunity for all children and youth to be evangelized and discipled in Christ.
1. We will glorify God and serve the body of Christ by
committing ourselves to these values.
2. We proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ with clarity and
3. We commit to God’s Word as our guide and standard.
4. We treat all people as created and loved by God.
5. We maintain a servant heart in all we do.
6. We manage God’s resources with faithfulness and integrity.
7. We pursue excellence as unto the Lord.